About Our Speech and Language Center
CSLD’s skilled speech-language pathologists evaluate, diagnose, and treat a wide range of communication needs including expressive language, receptive language, auditory processing, social language, articulation, voice, fluency, hyperlexia, reading and writing. CSLD staff provide cutting edge therapy in a professional and caring way. Excellence is the touchstone of everything they do, treatment plans are research-based and tailored to each client’s unique needs. Therapists work with the family throughout intervention to emulate the therapeutic objectives in the home.
In addition to comprehensive evaluations and 1:1 intervention, CSLD offers intensive specialized therapy programs including our Language to Literacy, Leap into Literacy, Social Communication, and Fast Forword programs.
Please explore our site to learn more about CSLD, the clients we serve, and how we can help you or someone you care about.
Our mission is to help individuals with communication disorders reach their full potential through family centered services.
We have a unique understanding of how speech and language skills change throughout the lifespan. Early treatment might focus on first words or efforts to show wants or needs. As one grows older, treatment may focus on using speech and language for telling stories, understanding concepts, academic learning, acquiring vocational skills, or thriving in the work setting.
CSLD's ability to provide excellent service, deliver family-oriented therapy, and enable the community to help those who cannot pay, exemplifies its dedication to its mission.
- Since its founding in 1979, the Center for Speech and Language Disorders has helped thousands of men, women and children in the community.
- CSLD is a 501(C)3 not-for-profit organization.
- Operates state-of-the-art facilities, provides innovative programs, and is on the cutting edge of advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders, autism, and literacy and learning difficulties.
- Serves individuals of all ages and cultural backgrounds through its clinical and community-partner programs.
- Has locations in Chicago and the Western Suburbs and partners with school programs throughout Chicago and Rockford.
- Is affiliated with the Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center (BHSC), one of the U.S.'s largest freestanding hearing, speech, and learning centers offering a comprehensive scope of services.
- Offers BHSC’s Language to Literacy Program, which provides intervention to help children and young adults who cannot read to "reclaim" their literacy right. The BHSC Language to Literacy Curriculum is in operation nationwide with programs in Buffalo, Seattle, Chicago and New Orleans.
- Annually provides more than 25,000 therapy sessions for patients of all ages through its clinic and school programs
- Offers a Comprehensive Continuing Education Program for our speech-language pathologists
We are pleased to accept resume submissions on an ongoing basis for any of our career opportunities. We have full-time, part-time and fee-for-service positions available.