Registration is now OPEN!
The Lombard and Chicago offices will be offering our Language to Literacy and Social Communications in an after school program starting mid October 2017. The class will be held two days a week and constitutes 20 sessions, which will run till mid December. Register Now!
- Tuesday & Thursday
- Monday & Wednesday
- 4:30pm or 5:00pm start for each 90 min class
- October 9th - December 14th 2017
How to Register?
- Call today and ask for an evaluation for Program 630-652-0200 x101
- Contact Us
Programs available to students 6 - 18 years of age who have language/literacy deficits. The program is not tutoring, but rather a language intervention aimed at attacking the root cause of the deficit. We believe the following foundational skills are critical to successful reading and achievement in and outside of the classroom for all students:
- Auditory Processing - what you do with what you hear
- Phonological Awareness -hearing, identifying and manipulating words, syllables, sounds and rhyme that comprise the spoken language
- Print Knowledge/Phonics – understanding conventions of print and the letters and spellings which represent sounds in written language
- Receptive and Expressive Language -understanding and using vocabulary, grammar and concepts
The program is available to students ages 5 through high school who have social communication deficits. We believe the following areas are critical for students to develop successful social communication skills:
- Conversational Skills: Using language to take part in reciprocal and meaningful exchanges (e.g. engagement, topic maintenance, topic initiation, turn-taking, listening, etc.)
- Self-Regulation Skills: Managing one's own feelings and/or sensory, motor planning, and visual-spatial issues
- Cooperation Skills: Problem-solving, compromising, and understanding others' perspectives to establish and maintain relationships
- Generalization Skills: To communicate effectively across social situations and to adjust social behaviors to meet the listener's needs and environmental conditions